Animalia has worked with a multitude of organizations and businesses that share in our commitment to animals, nature, and the education of children. Check out the following articles and resources to help you learn more about your own pets and areas of interest:
The Top 10 Myths About Dog Behavior by Jean Donaldson
Debunking the Dominance Myth by Carmen Buitrago
The Misuse of “Alpha” in Wolves by Dr. L. David Mech
Amygdala: the Neurophysiology of Clicker Training by Karen Pryor
The Art and Science of Animal Behavior – Dr. Sophia Yin’s website and blog
The 8 Rules of Punishment by Steve White
Mistakes Are Learning Tools in Training by Casey Lomonaco
- www.learnhowtobecome.org/career-resource-center/careers-with-animals/ – Careers with Animals – Information & Resources on Jobs Working with Furry and Non-Furry Friends
- www.aza.org – The Association of Zoos and Aquariums is the professional organization in which zoos, aquariums, and animal education facilities work with to attain accreditation, certifying that high standards are used in the care of and education about animals.
- www.iucnredlist.org – This is the most accurate site to use to find out the endangered or threatened status as provided by the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources, also known as the World Conservation Union.
- www.healthipet.webs.com – The Healthipet Network was founded to assist avian and exotic animal shelters and rescues in placing displaced companions in forever loving homes outside of their area or home state.
- www.coape.co.uk – The Centre of Applied Pet Ethology helps to locate COAPE qualified pet behaviorists in your area to assist with behavioral problems you may be having with your pet.
- www.iaabc.org – The International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants, Inc. is a professional association for the field of animal behavior consulting. The association represents the professional interests of behavior consultants throughout the world.